RSS
email

2011/06/17

Tracy Morgan Meet with Bullied Youths

Roland Martin may not think Tracy Morgan has to apologize for his anti-gay rhetoric last week, but the actor himself is sounding truly contrite about his infamous routine in Nashville on June 3.
"I know how bad bullying can hurt," Morgan told Marc Malkin of E! News. "I was bullied when I was a kid. I'm sorry for what I said. I didn't mean it. I never want to use my comedy to hurt anyone. My family knew what it was like to feel different. My brother was disabled and I lost my father to AIDS in 1987."
Tracy Morgan in a Car
The 30 Rock star says "gay people deserve the same right to be happy in this country as everyone else. Our laws should support that." And he will be doing all he can to ensure these words don't ring hollow.
Later this week, Morgan will sit down with gay teens who have been cast out by their families; he will also speak to those who have lost a loved one due to anti-gay violence.
Moreover, the comedian will head to Tennessee next week and meet with GLADD - one of the organizations that challenged him to apologize - to take part in a press conference that protests the state's recent passage of a bill that bars discussion of homosexuality in classrooms prior to ninth grade. He'll alo shoot a PSA.
It's nice to hear that something good might come from the mess Morgan created.
matt@iscribelimited.com (Hilton Hater) 14 Jun, 2011


--
Source: http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2011/06/tracy-morgan-to-take-action-meet-with-bullied-youths/
~
Manage subscription | Powered by rssforward.com